While we are available 24/7 to assist you with your pet care needs, there are some times of the day it will be easier to get a hold of us than others. Our normal business hours are between 8am and 7pm and you can expect a return call or email within the hour during this time period. There may be some extenuating circumstances now and again, so please keep that in mind. You can reach us via phone at 301-326-9095, you can also text us via this number. We can be reached via email at email@example.com.
New Client Orientation:
We require all of our clients to under go New Client Orientation prior to beginning service. During this time we will learn your routine as well as your pets. We like to make sure we know any hiding places (in the case of cats), favorite treats, feed times, bathroom habits or any other tidbits that we may need to know while we are caring for your pets.
You can schedule a visit one of two ways:
- You can login to LeashTime via the client login and schedule via the Request Visits Tab.
- You can send us a text, call us, or send us an email. Any way that is most convenient for you.
We currently service Southern St. Mary’s County and Southern Calvert County (Prince Frederick and south). You can check out our service area map here. If you have any questions about our service area, feel free to ask! If you are just outside of the general area we will gladly see what we can do.
This policy is in place for clients who will be away from home for more than a 24 hour period. We require a minimum of two (2) 30 minute pet sits per 24 hour period for dogs, and one 15 minute visit per day, for cats. We want to make sure your babies and your home are healthy and safe when you return.
Payment for all services are due in advance. We require that all new clients provide a valid credit card during the New Client Orientation process and this card will be charged for all services rendered as follows:
- Mid Day Dog Walking Clients – Your credit card will be charged on the 1st of each month for the entire month of services. If you cancel, those cancellations will be credited the following month.
- Mid Day Dog Walking and Pet Sitting – Your credit card will be charged on Monday for all services scheduled to take place that week. If visits are added after Monday, they will be billed the day before services are rendered.
Any fees and/or payments paid to Paws on the Bay are non-refundable except for in the following circumstances:
- If we wrongly charged your credit card or if a dog walker or pet sitter does not perform a scheduled dog walk for reasons that are directly attributable to Paws on the Bay or the dog walker.
- If you believe that you have been wrongfully charged an amount by us for any reason you may notify us and request a refund. You may do by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we find that an amount has been wrongfully charged we will refund you that amount.
Please be aware that we will not consider any refund request unless you include full details of the disputed transaction, including the relevant dates, payment details, and a short explanation as to why the amount is disputed. If you are entitled to a refund but instead prefer that we credit you for a future dog walk please let us know and we will accommodate your request.
All fees are currently published on our website. We may from time to time adjust fees and if this occurs, all current clients will be notified no less than 30 days in advance of a change in their fee schedule.
If you wish to give your dog walker or pet sitter a tip, please do so via cash or check. We do not accept gratuity via credit card at this time.
We require that you provide us with two sets of keys during The New Client Orientation. The keys are coded, and one will stay with your dog walker while the other is locked in the office safe. If you do not provide us with two sets of keys, we will make a duplicate at a fee of $15.
- If you choose to have your dog walker obtain a key from a concierge service during each visit we will require you to fill out a Key Release Form that we can submit to the front desk.
- If you choose to terminate service, your keys will be returned to you upon request. We will leave them at our last visit, or we will mail them to you.
Why two copies of your key? We provide a sensitive service and if your walker becomes ill, we need to make sure we can have someone get in to take care of your pet. Or if you accidentally lock yourself out, we want to make sure we are available to assist you.
All visits are conducted within a two hour time frame that are designated by you. Your walker or sitter can arrive anytime during this two hour time period. Puppy care visits are conducted within the hour that you designated.
If someone else has access to your home during the time of the scheduled walk or sit, please let us know. We take the care of your home and your pet seriously and do not want to suspect anything is amiss.
If the federal government closes, all mid-day dog walks will be canceled and you will receive a credit for the cancellation. If you have pet sits scheduled during this time we will be operating on an alternative schedule, but we will get to your pet as soon as we can. We may call your emergency contact/trusted neighbor for temporary assistance during this time to check on the welfare of your pet and your home. We will notify any clients if the schedule is altered, or if we had to get a hold of your emergency contact during this time. Your pets welfare is of the utmost importance to us and we will make sure they are alright in the event of any bad weather. If need be, we will even bring them safely to our home, or to the home of one of our sitters at no additional charge.
We charge a $10 fee for any visit occurring during the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve after 4pm. This fee is given directly to your pet care provider as incentive to care for your pets over the holiday. Mid Day dog walks are automatically canceled for the above holidays. If you need your dog to be walked during any of these days, please let us know.
Mid Day Dog Walking Clients (Contract Clients) – You are free to cancel your visit if you plan on being home. If you cancel before 9am on the day of the walk, you will not be charged for the walk and you will receive a credit for the walk on the next months bill.
- You are free to cancel any visit you wish. Canceled walks will be credited in the following months balance. You are allowed 3 (individual, non-consecutive) Membership cover canceled walks per month before the contract is canceled, and walks will be charged the full rate unless you are taking a vacation. We also allow for two weeks of vacation (consecutive) days annually to be used for any vacation time you may need.
Mid Day Dog Walking or Pet Sitting Clients (All Other) – Clients who cancel mid day dog walks prior to 9am will not be charged for the walk, and will receive a credit during the next billing period. Visits canceled after this time will be charged for the full amount of the visit.
From time to time a client may run out of food or litter for their pets during a visit. If this is the case, we will gladly alert you that you are low of the product in question, and will pick up a product of you choice to replace it. We will charge you the cost of the supplies (with a receipt given) and charge a $20 convenience fee.
Leashes and Harnesses:
- The client must provide a standard 4 or 6 foot leash for walking. We do not walk pets on retractable leashes, as they can pose a danger to your pet and your pet care provider. If you do not provide a standard leash, one will be purchased for you for the cost of $10 per leash.
- All pets must wear a properly fitted collar or harness. The collar or harness must be in good condition and if we feel it is not, we will contact you and request you to purchase a new one. If attempts to contact you are made and we are unable to get a hold of you a new collar or leash will be purchased for you at the rate of $10 per collar, or $30 per harness.
Our dog walking team often likes to take pictures of our clients out on their daily walk. These are shared via text or email with management staff, and are often placed on our Facebook page. If you wish to not have your pet featured, please let your pet care provider know.
Do you have any questions or concerns? Please contact us and we will gladly clarify any concern you may have.
We look forward to hearing from you!